Narooma area police report | Oct. 21

Assault arrest

POLICE responded to reports of an assault a residence in North Narooma at 10.20pm on Saturday.

A 21-year-old man who allegedly broke into the house and assaulted a man in his 40s inside was found hiding in nearby garden.

Ambulance paramedics attended the address and police station to treat the offender and victim for minor injuries.

The younger man was arrested and charged with break and enter, commit an indictable offence and given conditional bail to appear in Narooma Local Court.

High ranger

Narooma Police have arrested and charged a 32-year-old Narooma man with High Range PCA after being detected driving a Saab in Tilba Street 8.30pm Tuesday.

Police were called to the area after witnesses observed the male driving erratically in that area. When police arrived the man was attempting to leave the scene in another vehicle.

At Narooma Police Station he recorded the high reading and was charged with High Range PCA and unlicensed driving. The male was taken home and attempted to assault police when exiting the police vehicle. Further charges are expected.

Car crash

A CAR travelling north on Dalmeny Drive at Kianga at 4pm last Wednesday left the road, mounted the gutter and continued north on the footpath before hitting a power pole. No persons were injured.

Fuel stolen

UNKNOWN persons stole fuel from a vehicle on Burrawang Lane, Narooma between 6pm Thursday, October 8 and 6.30am the next morning.

Battery stolen

A MARINE battery was stolen from a carport at a Narooma residence between September and last week.

Signs destroyed

TWO large, framed garage sale signs were stolen from the bottom Barkala Street, Dalmeny overnight on Friday and found destroyed in nearby bush. Several laminated signs between Dalmeny and Narooma were also reported missing. Police have been notified.  

Wedged car

EMERGENCY services on Monday morning responded to a vehicle that became wedged between buildings in the vicinity of Burrawang Lane on the Narooma Flat. 

Shark spotted

BROULEE Beach was closed on Saturday afternoon after several sharks were sighted near the Bengello creek entrance.  The Westpac Lifesaver Helicopter spotted a 2.5 metre shark just after 1pm and notified Surf Lifesaving NSW.

Far South Coast Surf Lifesaving director, Andrew Edmunds said another three sharks were sighted by the helicopter an hour after the first sighting. 

“As a precaution we launched an inflatable boat and advised swimmers and divers in area about the shark. All public were removed from the water. There was minimal risk to the public,” he said.

“Sharks are in their natural habitat. If people are concerned about sharks, they should stick to swimming in patrolled areas where surf life savers can clear them from the water if there is a sighting.”

Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide