Easter has been and gone and lots of chocolate will have been consumed. Please be careful not to leave any around for your canine friend to find.
While ingesting a small amount of chocolate may only cause mild stomach discomfort in dogs, ingesting a large amount may require a visit to the vet. Large quantities of chocolate can cause seizures, respiratory failure and cardiac arrest in dogs. In severe cases, chocolate can kill dogs.
And as the days and nights get cooler don’t be fooled in to thinking that those dastardly ticks have gone away. With all the rain we have had and now some nice sunny days, they are out in force, so don’t forget to check your animals daily.
We still have a lot of kittens all waiting patiently for a home! To find out more, please phone Elaine on 0410 016 612. The AWL promotes responsible pet ownership and all our animals available for adoption are vet checked, microchipped, wormed, vaccinated and de-sexed.