- Initial 6-to-12-month contract engagement
- Immediate Start
- Adelaide offices
About the company:
Green Light is one of Australia's most successful and fastest-growing IT services businesses. We offer a wide range of IT services in Security, infrastructure and Systems Integration to a diverse customer base throughout Australia, New Zealand, SE Asia, and Europe.
About the engagement:
Green Light’s Adelaide Delivery Team is currently seeking people with to train in Data Centre experience who are passionate about service delivery and teamwork to support a large corporate organisation through the end-to-end client process.
In this role, you will be on the front line, as part of the data centre team. You are passionate about helping people and making a difference to the day-to-day lives of customers, delivering exceptional customer service, and providing solutions to issues that may arise.
Active Negative Vetting (NV1) Clearance is essential – consultants who are not Australian Citizens and do not have an active NV1 cannot be considered.
- Managing work and priorities through ticketing systems and workflows (ServiceNow and SharePoint and MS Teams).
- Working closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Infrastructure delivery Leadership and Technical Program Managers.
- Scrutinize and process secure access into the data centre.
- Handle removable storage media to assist our system administrator in data backup work (load into tape drives, send to offsite storage, dispose decommissioned media, audit existing media).
- Security escort for vendor engineers during Hardware Racking/Stacking activities.
- Handling hardware delivery and pickup for the client hardware with standard policy.
- Monthly health scan for all devices in all data halls as required.
- Asset management of all hardware in the data centre using asset management applications.
- Ideally you will have previous experience within a data centre environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Can work effectively without close direction and coaching, are self-motivated, decisive and use initiative.
- Highly organised, solutions focussed and empathetic to customer needs.
- Positive minded and solutions focussed.
- Flexible nature and work well in a highly collaborative team.
- Basic Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel knowledge, exceptional administration skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to forge strong relationships and build rapport with both internal stakeholders and external clients.
- An established technical environment which encourages technical improvement and diversity
- Large enterprise end customer
- Collaborative work environment
- Long term engagement with an established end customer
- Live locally – has offices in Adelaide.
- Attractive daily rates according to experience
Please note as part of the hiring process, Green Light will request reference checks and verify your entitlement to work in Australia. You may also be required to undertake background checks and police checks.
How to Apply:
Click APPLY or contact John – Senior Resource Manager for a confidential discussion with Green Light Worldwide.