Early Childhood Teacher | Corinda
About Your New Role:
As our new Early Childhood Teacher, your role as an active leading team member will be to provide a safe and stimulating environment which meets the needs of our children. It is your responsibility to encourage engagement and participation in curriculum decision making, inline with our curriculum, standards, and practices.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Work collaboratively with educators, children, and families to plan and implement an effective ongoing cycle of planning, documenting, and evaluating in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Ensure that programmes are designed, implemented, and evaluated in consultation with others to foster all aspects of child development in a holistic way.
- Develop trusting relationships with families through regular, honest and open communication regarding the care of their children.
- Extending children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments, spontaneous play experiences and high-quality documentation.
- Gather and analyse information from written observations to ensure children’s strengths, interests and preferences are included in the programme and activities.
- Actively build and maintain reciprocal relationships with families and team members.
- Mentor educators in the education, care, and supervision of all children.
- Experience working in an environment guiding and supporting children up to six years old.
- Experience developing high quality programmes for children up to six years old.
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for children and their families.
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Financial Benefits - Receive 80% off childcare fees, access to referral programmes up to $250 and more!
- Succession Planning - Is your dream to become an Educational Leader or Centre Manager? We will get you there!
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- High Quality Resources & Environments - Our environments spark creation, inspiration and pure joy in educators, families and visitors.
- Be a Leader - Be valued as part of our Centre Leadership Team and receive ongoing leadership training.
Journey Early Learning Corinda is a modern, purpose built 90 place centre, catering for children from six weeks to six years old. Our centre features transitional indoor and outdoor play environments, perfect for play-based and child lead learning. Our environment is filled with natural resources which inspire and teach our little adventurers fundamental motor skills. Our centre features an alfresco dining area, water play area, sports field, multi-level fort, rock climbing wall, bike track and so much more to keep our children, educators and visitors inspired.
The Corinda community is at the heart of our centre, and we love to go on regular adventures to the local library and nearby parks. Our families are invited to a monthly family breakfast, inspired by Wholesome Child, and made fresh by our incredible chef.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Not the right opportunity for you?
Please contact Careers@journey.edu.au or call (02) 9494 6202 to discuss other career opportunities at:
- Riverhills (Exceeding centre)
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.