Your new company
This Federal Government Department is taking the lead to support the growth of Australia’s economic recovery. This organisation is responsible for growing a stronger Australia through long-term strategic planning, investing and support of industry bodies, initiatives, and policy development. Currently they have a need for high performing EL1 Assistant Manager to support a National Strategy.
Your new role
The Policy Officer position will contribute to and support a multi-year strategy aimed at achieving a step change to the competitiveness, scale and resilience of the Australian economy within the Industry Sector. You will be brought on board to manage and support the governance and reporting functions and assist with developing an engagement strategy to build understanding of the objectives of the Strategy with business and other key stakeholders and will draw industry insights for policy development and program implementation.
You will apply innovative and creative thinking skills to challenge conventional views, and facilitating the development of strategic, innovative, and evidence-based policy by engaging in research and analysis.
As you will be engaging and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally well-developed communication skills, with the ability to foster professional relationships whilst building rapport and trust is a must.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will have previous experience in a similar position within Federal Government or equivalent. As well as this, you will have:
- Previous experience providing leadership, coaching and performance management to a diverse sub-team.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of strategic, innovative, and evidence-based policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to manage projects and competing priorities, anticipate and meet the needs of stakeholders, and identify opportunities to inform government decision-making.
- Ability to provide a responsive service and quality outputs to key stakeholders, such as the Minister’s Office.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and operate as an effective team member.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- The ability to foster professional working relationships whilst building rapport and trust.
- Manage effective and productive working relationships with internal staff, senior executives and external stakeholders throughout relevant jurisdictions and the Commonwealth.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to build an evidence base to inform or influence decision makers.
To be considered for this role you must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance at the Baseline level or higher.
What you'll get in return
In return for your dedication and drive you'll be rewarded with:
- An opportunity to showcase and build your career in a rewarding team environment.
- Excellent support provided by a dynamic and collaborative team.
- Opportunity to obtain permanent employment with a key Federal Government Department.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call or email Allana Leatham on (02) 6112 7658, email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you, though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.
LHS 297508 #2540514