As an IT Systems Administrator you will work with other system admins and specialists to support complex environments for projects with tight deadlines. You will plan, co-ordinate and deliver detailed, complex, technical projects that impact on strategic or operational outcomes for the agency. Managing key stakeholder relationships, you’ll collaborate to resolve issues and deliver quality outcomes that aligns to the business requirements. You will produce high-level advice and engage in complex problem solving and issues management. You’ll build team capability through coaching, training and knowledge sharing. You’ll model and encourage others to adopt an agile approach while also advocating a culture of continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Understands Agile, Scrum and adheres to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) method or has the ability to quickly acquire this knowledge
• Has excellent analytical and communication skills to assist in negotiating, resolving issues and tailoring reports to a varied audience
• Builds positive relationships with external technical teams, negotiates outcomes and resolves complex issues within tight timeframes
• Has experience managing vendor delivery and support escalations
• Is familiar with and embodies a DevOps approach to development, focusing on automation first, continuous integration, continuous deployment and self-healing systems
• Can provide expert advice and intensive support for the project throughout the delivery
• Can review reports and monitoring information to provide recommendations for improvement
• Has knowledge or experience with any of the following are highly desirable:
- IBM Filenet, IBM Enterprise Records
• Has extensive knowledge and practical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- C# .NET Core, or any other equivalent experience
- Redhat OpenShift or equivalent containerisation experience
- DB2 or MSSQL
- AWS, Cloud Automation, Continuous Integration and Deployment or equivalent experience
- Powershell, GIT, Java Development
- Reporting through App Dynamics, OPSA and Splunk
Location and Contract Term: This role is Brisbane based. Contract till June 2023 with 1 x 6 month contract extension pending budget and delegate approval.
Security Requirements: Applicants must be Australian Citizens and hold a baseline security clearance.
How to Apply:
Applications close 9am 12 July.
Please upload your resume to apply. Please note you may need to complete selection criteria to complete this application process. We will be in touch with instructions for suitably skilled candidates
Call Kelly 1300 944 936 for any further information