Your new company
This organisation unlocks the future; using unrivalled expertise in data science, cloud technology, and managed service operations to transform high-volume, high velocity, structured and unstructured data into clear insights. They help businesses derive value and insights from big data and analytics through their managed service solutions, SaaS platforms, applications and consulting capabilities.
Your new role
This is a hands-on role that will work closely with industry leading clients in the capital market, telco, banking, and property sectors.
- Acting as overall technology authority, executing proofs of concept and product selections and making recommendations on technology policy
- Providing leadership to the product development team, ensuring the product's architecture remains viable in the long term, and can continue to evolve, grow, and make use of new cloud technologies to increase efficiency and reduce cost
- Creating and documenting software architectures in consultation with Engineering Management and Development Leads on existing and new projects, ensuring the projects meet both long-term architectural goals and project requirements
- Providing first-hand supervision and guidance to designated Software Engineers on assigned activities
- Installing technical governance and custodianship over key interface definition and data models (logical and physical)
- Maintaining technical currency by contributing software changes or creating prototypes and proof of concepts, assisting the company in assessing the relevance of technologies and solutions
- Working within agile development teams during project delivery and ensuring work is visible and up to date on Sprint Boards or other tracking tools
- Assisting in the preparation of project proposals
- Participating in project planning activities (estimation, scheduling, backlog maintenance)
What you'll need to succeed
This organisation are looking for a talented technical architect with a creative flair and a hands-on yet vitally consultative approach.
- Great people skills and ability to work with stakeholders to help initiate technical project architectures
- To contribute through full delivery lifecycle with developers as they work through design, build and test.
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Demonstrated experience in solution level ownership and history of close engagement with engineering teams.
- Hands-on experience creating scalable and secure application architectures using Amazon Web Services (S3, Lambda, API GW, DynamoDB, EventBridge, CloudFormation, ECS/Fargate)
- Sound experience with the Big Data ecosystem; Spark, Snowflake, DataBricks
- Proven experience principally designing distributed APIs (HTTP/JSON ReSTful, GraphQL highly regarded)
- Very strong experience in a range of database technologies (RDBMS and NoSQL) through specification of data models, solutions, ETL processes, migrations and performance analysis
- Previous experience with two major development languages (e.g. Python, Java/JVM)
- Strong currency in Unix environments for system management and diagnosis
- Excellent knowledge and experience with software development practices
- Experience working with Git source control versioning
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery desirable
- AWS Certifications highly regarded
What you need to do now
If you're the right person for this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For more information or to answer any questions, contact Jake Hudson-Wood at Hays on (02) 9249 2224 or at email@example.com
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2666510