Oxygen device explodes in face of Wallaga Lake man

A nasal-prong oxygen device has exploded in face of a man at Wallaga Lake while he attempted to light a cigarette.

The man in his 50s was treated with pain medication before being transported by ambulance from Umbarra Road, Wallaga Lake to South East Regional Hospital. 

The Ambulance service was called just after 2pm when he received superficial burns to his face. According to NSW Ambulance service, the patient was conscious but here was evidence of airway involvement as well.