The camera club’s third meeting for the year was held on April 17.
The club continued with the new printed subject material. Instead of just digital format, anyone could enter with one set print and one open print.
There was a fine turnout of prints with a good variety of printed photos.
The set subject for the night was “A River Somewhere,” which produced a bumper run of fantastic river shots.
Due to the number of entrants in division A two gold, two silver wand a highly commended were awarded.
In division B there were some interesting entries and there was one gold and one silver.
As always the open subject in both grades had some very vibrant and colourful images.
The club thanked David Cotton for judging in the April competition, and for his presentation afterwards.
The subject for next month in June is “Movement”.
The club said the subject is a popular one, and provided the following advice for movement photography.
“Try panning fast moving items such as cars or motorbikes, or, alternatively, use a slow shutter speed to get the feeling of movement,” they said.
“Remember that movement can be portrayed by freezing action with a fast shutter speed.
“People, animals, vehicles, waterfalls and machinery all make for good subject material.”
- Gold award – Ivan Finlay – Misty Punt
- Gold award – Debbie Flynn – I see you
The competition results were as follows:
Digital Div. A – Set subject:
- Gold award – Russell Buckman – Sassafras Creek
- Gold award – Brian Gunter – Dry Riverbed
- Silver award – Russell Buckman – Louth River
- Silver award – Brian Gunter – Thredbo River
- Highly Commended – Ivan Finlay – Bridge over Yarra River
Digital Div. A – Open category:
- Gold award – Francis Keogh – Sculpture of Time
- Gold award – Rosy Williams – Raindrop Jewels
- Silver award – Shirley Gunter – Fairy Wren
- Silver award – Ivan Finlay – Wentworth Falls
Digital Div. B – Set subject:
- Gold award – Brian Tilley – Cann River Morning
- Silver award – Graham Harding – Reflecting on Thredbo
Digital Div. B – Open category:
- Gold award – Bronwyn Ann – Eye Spy
- Silver award – Bronwyn Ann – Scarlet Honeyeater