Four citizens of the Eurobodalla Shire have received Medals of the Order of Australia during the annual Queen's Birthday Honours.
Reverend Linda Jane Chapman (Mossy Point), Elaine Jean Haskett (Mossy Point), Dierdre Elizabeth Landells (Narooma), and Laurelle Doris Pacey (Narooma) were recognised for their services to the community.
The Reverend Linda Jane Chapman of Mossy Point
For service to the Anglican Church of Australia.
- Moruya Anglican Parish
- Rector, St John's Anglican Church, since 2010.
Assisted with the foundation of the following:
- Peace Park, 2015.
- South Coast Health and Sustainability Alliance, 2014.
- Moryua Red Door Cafe, 2012.
- Slightly Bent Choir.
Elaine Jean Heskett of Mossy Point
For service to the community through a range of roles.
- Guide Dogs NSW/ACT
- Public Relations Speaker, current.
- Vision Advocate, current.
- Country Women's Association of New South Wales
- Treasurer, Moruya Branch, current.
- Vice President, Far South Coast Group, current.
- Awards and recognition includes:
- Member, Hidden Treasure Honour Roll, New South Wales Department of Primary Industries, 2011.
Dierdre Elizabeth Landells of Narooma
For service to the community of Narooma.
Narooma Legacy Group
- Vice-President Wollongong Board, since 2018.
- Coordinator and Legatee, since 2007.
- Organiser, annual Legacy Golf Days, since 2010.
Narooma Golf Club
- Former Director.
- Former Committee Member and President, Ladies Club.
- Has held various positions with the Far South Coast Ladies Committee.
- Nurse, 50 years; predominantly CNS of A&E and midwife at Moruya Hospital.
Laurelle Doris Pacey of Narooma
For service to community history.
Narooma School of Arts and Soldiers War Memorial Hall Inc
- Secretary, since 1995.
Narooma Historical Society
- President, current.
- Founding Member, 1990s.
- Former Secretary.
Rotary Club of Narooma
- Member, since 2000.
- Bulletin Editor and Club Historian, current.
- Vice President/Forme, President, Youth Director and Vocational Service Director.
- Member, Heritage Advisory Committee, Eurobodalla Shire Council, since 2008.
- Tilba Times Revisited, 2015.
- Bodalla and the Morts, 2010.
- Narooma's Past- steamers, sawmills and salmon, 2001, 2005 and 2016.
- Tilba Times, 1995.
- The Lure of Montague, 1991, 2001 and 2013.
- The Story of the Wagonga Inlet, 1990.