Narooma FC's Youth Boys beat Clyde United

Narooma FC's Youth Boys put in a solid team performance on Sunday to earn their second win of the season and put one foot into the finals placings, beating Clyde United SC 4-2.

Despite being caught flat footed at the opening kick-off and conceding a goal within the first minute, Narooma regrouped and started passing the ball around, finding the feet of teammates consistently. Jack Westoll controlled the midfield well, with Thomas Hills, Loghan Camilleri, Archie Cowie & Tipene Scott all putting pressure on Clyde's defence. The Reds first goal coming from a nicely placed corner from Jarrod Duck, finished off by Thomas Hills.

Clyde had a number of attacking shots, putting Narooma's defensive line of Jarrod Manton, Sam Perry, Callum James and Jarrod Duck under pressure, with first half goalie, Anthony Elliot, standing strong.

Narooma struck again just before half time with the back line moving the ball to Jarrod Duck on the right, who pushed it on to Ethan Reakes to carry up the sideline. Reakes passed to Thomas Hills, who grabbed his second goal of the day, slotting into the top left hand corner to hand the Reds a one goal lead at half time.

Narooma returned from the break strongly, hungry for the win. However, Clyde were handed a chance to equalize early in the half after a handball in the box resulted in a penalty. Callum James was tasked with goalkeeper duties after a half time swap with Anthony Elliot. Thankfully he wasn't called into action, as Clyde spurned the chance, firing well over the cross bar. Minutes later, Jack Westoll stepped up to finish a penalty nicely to extend Narooma's lead to two goals.

A tight second half saw both teams fighting hard for the ball. Clyde's persistence eventually paid off with a run through the centre of the pitch finding Callum James one on one. James did well to force the issue, but could not prevent Clyde scoring again to set up a tense final ten minutes.

As both teams tired, Narooma got on the attack again with great passing up both wings. Jarrod Manton and Jarrod Duck put long balls up to Tipene Scott and Ethan Reakes, who had constant support from Jack Westoll, Thomas Hills and Loghan Camilleri. Narooma put the result beyond doubt with Jack Westoll striking the ball with great accuracy to find the back of the net.

U13 - Bodalla Bulls SC (2) def Narooma FC (0)

A trip to Bodalla for the local derby is always going to be a tough match and today's game was no different. Despite missing four key players and having no subs, the Narooma team started brightly and almost took the lead when Talon De Heaume broke through the defence and shot narrowly past the post. Unfortunately while doing this he was injured and spent the rest of the game struggling with a groin strain.

The first half saw Bodalla enjoy the majority of the possession and the pressure paid off when they scored right on the stroke of half time. Narooma came out from the break rejuvenated and pinned Bodalla back in their half for long spells. Despite the pressure and several corners, Narooma were unable to find the net. Bodalla were limited to hitting on the counter attack and came close to extending their lead, hitting the woodwork twice.

As the final whistle approached, Narooma were forced to throw players forward in search of the equaliser and paid the price when they lost possession in defence and a cracking shot from outside the box gave the Narooma keeper no chance as it ended up in the back of the net for number two.