HOWARD SPRINGS QUARANTINE PLANS:
* Capacity to increase from 850 arrivals to 2000 per fortnight by late May.
* NT government will assume management of the facility from the Commonwealth.
* Domestic and international quarantine facilities will be merged into one.
* Accommodation, lighting and storage facilities to be upgraded.
* New medical centre will be built.
* Staff numbers will increase from 100 up to 500, with a recruitment drive to start later in March.
* Commonwealth will continue to fund Howard Springs facility.
Australian Associated Press