Pole dancing, rock and roll, the can-can and cabaret were some of the entertaining dances featured at Cancer Council's 2019 Stars of Eurobodalla charity event on Saturday night, August 10.
Eight Eurobodalla community members worked with a professional dance instructor for about 12 weeks to choreograph and learn the dance routines, performed in front of three judges and an appreciative audience at the Soldiers Club, Batemans Bay.
The Judges' Choice award went to GBG Plastering's Garry Griffiths and his partner Claire Lassau, for their electro swing Charleston dance - lifts and spins included.
Best costume went to Raine & Horne's Peggy Mcalister, performed with Richard Austin, for their classy 20s Golden Era look.
Donations to the People's Choice award raised an extra $2,363 to add to the total fundraising efforts, and was awarded to Skin Deep Beauty's Anna Betts and Batemans Bay Rock n Roller's Michael Green.
Garry Griffiths raised the highest amount of money in the competition, with over $8400.
Batemans Bay Soldiers Club's Myrna Radin took out second place with $6595.
Southern NSW Local Health District's Lauren Hare won third place with $5401.
The Bay Post/Moruya Examiner's Claudia Ferguson footy passion and Charmaine Brereton's pole dancing came together, kicking off the night, for what looked like a challenging, yet entertaining, performance:
Coastal Decor's Jennifer Constance and Batemans Bay Rock n Roller's Chris Tague gave a high-energy show:
- Bay Post/Moruya Examiner's Claudia Ferguson with Charmaine Brereton
- Coastal Decor's Jennifer Constance with Chris Tague
- Raine & Horne's Pegga Mcalister with Richard Austin
- Andrei's Gymnastics's Larissa Sethi with Rachel Piper
- Skin Deep Beauty Batemans Bay's Anna Betts with Michael Green
- Batemans Bay Soldiers Club's Myrna Radin with Sharon Danhel
- GBG Plastering's Garry Griffiths with Claire Lassau
- Southern NSW Local Health District's Lauren Hare with Prue Haantjens
The judges were 2EC Brekky Announcer and Creative Manager Kimmi Saker, Editor at Australian Community Media Kerrie O'Connor and 2018 Stars of Eurobodalla Highest Fundraiser Kimberli Eke.
More videos and photos to come.