Solar panel explosion causes fire at Narooma property

A solar panel on a shed exploded causing a fire. Photo: Narooma Fire and Rescue
A solar panel on a shed exploded causing a fire. Photo: Narooma Fire and Rescue

A Narooma landowner had to battle flames on his lunch break when a solar panel on the roof of his shed exploded and caused a fire.

Just after 12pm on Wednesday afternoon, Dalmeny RFS, Narooma Fire and Rescue and Narooma RFS were called to a property on Wagonga Scenic Drive in Narooma.

Narooma RFS captain Sophie Taylor said because the property was so remote, it was a worrying 24 minute response time for the team to reach it.

"Narooma Fire and Rescue reached the property first and luckily the landowner had managed to extinguish the flames," she said.

"He is a former firefighter so some of his old training definitely would have kicked in."

The fire burned the side of the shed and a number of tools inside.

No injuries were reported.

This story Solar panel explosion at Narooma property first appeared on Bay Post-Moruya Examiner.

Comments

Discuss "Solar panel explosion at Narooma property"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.