THE next stage of the $4.6 million Narooma Streetscaping project will kick off for the year next Monday 3 March with the construction of a new streetscape along the western side of the Princes Highway between Field Street and McMillan Road.
The works will also include new kerb and guttering, underground drainage, underground power and new water mains and new garden beds and trees. Extra car and long vehicle parking and a pedestrian refuge near the Narooma Visitors Centre are also going to be part of the works.
Narooma Streetscaping Project Sunset Advisory Committee chairman mayor Lindsay Brown said the major works would be carried out in stages to reduce disruptions but residents, businesses and visitors would experience some traffic and car parking delays along the Princes Highway.
“I am delighted that the Narooma Streetscaping Project works can begin now that the peak summer season is over and I would like to thank Narooma residents and businesses for their patience so far,” Clr Brown said.
The major works completed to date include the roundabout and intersection with Bowen Street, along with the new car park next to the leisure centre and new pathways.
The mayor says the upcoming stage of the works will be followed by the additional and final stage which will see a new footpath through Ted Street Park to Wharf Street that will be accessible for people with disability along with a lookout and significant landscaping works.
“The Narooma Streetscaping Project is expected to be completed in time for next summer,” Clr Brown said.
You can follow the Narooma Streetscaping Project on council’s website, www.esc.nsw.gov.au or call project engineer Russell Burke on 4474 1208 during office hours for more information.